Thursday, November 27, 2008

Fabulous Flowers

I have never really been a jewelery gal. Recently, however, I have been feeling a bit frumpy and have been looking for ways to spice up my wardrobe..... something to help me "stick out" in a room. Something other than my loud mouth that is.

Here is what I came up with with some help from some blog hopping.

Photobucket

Fabulous Flower Brooches

Some leftover fabric from the nursery I designed when my youngest was born. Some old buttons and a lot of cutting and sewing and voila!

Toile Brooch #8 - SOLD

This is my fave.....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I am making some more funky coloured ones now.... but I really do love the antiqued, gothy kind of feel with the beige and black toile... it's a Waverly Print called Tiny Toile. I loved it in my son's nursery and I am so glad I get to upcycle the leftovers..... they make me smile when I look at them.

No comments: